On July 9th, 2014, the Ukrainian community of Vancouver welcomed 14 youth from Ukraine that participated in a two month summer language program. Among program participants were children of killed and wounded protesters, young activists, and orphans.
The students spent two months studying English at the Canadian College of English Language (CCEL), participating in leadership workshops, and discovering beautiful British Columbia. As new discoveries and friendships were made, Vancouver’s Ukrainian diaspora came together in support of the group.
During the program, the students visited:
- Victoria, Tofino, Squamish, and Whistler
- BC Legislature Buildings;
- The Royal BC Museum;
- Meet and Greet with PM Harper;
- The Vancouver Aquarium;
- Capilano Suspension Bridge;
- Grouse Mountain;
- Burnaby Blues Festival;
- Big Bar Lake, Stanley Park, Lighthouse Park, and Queen Elizabeth Park and many more city attractions.