April 16, 2022
Benefit concert to raise funds for Ukraine
More than 10.5 million people have been displaced either within Ukraine or abroad, whilst many have stayed and live in nonstop horror. There is a lack of food, medications, and many vital supplies. Ukrainian people are in urgent need of humanitarian and relocation assistance.
Maple Hope Foundation and the volunteer battalion in Vancouver bring together local and internationally acclaimed artists in a soulful evening of solidarity.
Support Ukraine by joining us for a night of an excellent selection of music from classical composers like Chopin and Beethoven to popular Ukrainian songs that connect to our hearts and souls.
Doors open at 6 pm for the reception with food, beverages, silent auction, art exhibition, souvenirs sales, etc.
The concert starts at 7 pm.
📍100 Newport Drive, Port Moody
- Featuring Ukrainian virtuoso violinist Vasyl Popadiuk, born and trained in Lviv, Ukraine, now living in Ottawa and performing internationally.
- Borys Sichon, a B.C.-based percussionist and multi-instrumentalist extraordinaire, has a collection of over 400 unique instruments to perform with.
- Borys Konovalov, a world-renowned concert pianist, one of the most prominent pianists of his generation.
- Strong and mesmerizing voices of internationally performing singers: Yaroslava Tanko and Elena Nikitina.
- Rising stars Denis Pak and Coquitlam Youth Orchestra.
- Real stories of Ukrainians displaced by war who are now in Canada.
In between the live music, you will enjoy:
- Food and beverages at the cash bar
- Exhibition and sale of art, crafts, jewelry, souvenirs, paintings etc.
- Silent auction with amazing treasures and Gift Certificates from local businesses.
All proceeds will go towards helping Ukrainian people find hope and support in this time of crisis.
Tickets are available at https://www.eventbrite.com/…/peace-love-for-ukraine….
You can scan the QR code on the picture to go directly to the website.